JSON formatter is an online JSON formatter and validator tool that can perform many complex JSON operations such as format, validate, tree view, minify and edit JSON text. With this, you can also convert JSON to CSV, JSON to XML, and download formatted/converted output instantly.
The main purpose of our online JSON formatter and validator utility is to format and validate JSON string in real time. JSON formatter, Validator, Editor, Viewer, Minifier and Converter is all in one JSON formatter online tool that can do many things such as validate, view, edit, minify and convert JSON to CSV and XML.
- Online JSON Formatter and JSON Validator can be used to format and validate JSON string. This JSON formatter can also work as JSON editor online and JSON viewer.
- It can be also used to minify JSON. Simply click on minify button to minify JSON in no time.
- It has handy conversion options to convert JSON to CSV and XML in one click. Convert JSON to CSV and JSON to XML by clicking on respective buttons.
- It shows JSON data in a tree view with image on hovering image url.
- JSON formatter also works as JSON validator and JSON lint. It helps to validate your JSON string, shows errors list and fix the missing quotes.
- It has ability to store the last formatted JSON data locally and restore it by clicking on restore button in JSON editor.
- Use it also as JSON beautifier that supports indentation levels from 1 space to 10 spaces.
- Use JSON file functionality to upload JSON file and download formatted JSON file by clicking on Download button.
How to use JSON formatter?
Steps to use JSON formatter online:
- Copy and paste the JSON code or upload your JSON file.
- Click on the “Format JSON” button.
- Now, the JSON formatter will format and validate JSON string in the output box.
- Click on download button to download formatted data as JSON file.
- You can also view, validate, minify and convert JSON to XML and CSV.
JSON Formatter Options
- Sample: Click on it to get JSON sample data in editor.
- File: Click on file button to upload JSON file.
- Formatter: Click on format button to get formatted JSON data.
- Validate: Use this option to validate JSON string. It works as JSON lint.
- Tree Viewer: Click on tree viewer to get your JSON in a tree view. It also shows the image on hover on Image URL in a tree view.
- Minify: Click on minify button to minify JSON text.
- JSON to XML: Use this option to convert JSON to XML online.
- JSON to CSV: Use this option to convert JSON to CSV online.
- Indentation levels: Select indent tab spaces to beautify JSON. It supports indentation levels: 1 space, 2 spaces, 3 spaces, 4 spaces, 5 spaces, 6 spaces, 8 spaces, and 10 spaces.
- Download: Click on download button to download JSON formatted file.
- Auto Update: Check it to edit, view, validate and format JSON in real time.
- History: Click on history button to load previous JSON formatted data from local storage.
- Copy: Use it to copy JSON input/output and converted string.
- Delete: Use this option to delete data in editor.
- Full screen: Use it to view and edit JSON in full screen JSON editor.
What is JSON?
- It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for machines to parse JSON and generate.
- These properties make JSON an ideal data-interchange language.
Why do we use JSON?
- Exchanging Data When exchanging data between a browser and a server, the data can only be text.
Is there any JSON data will be sent via the server?
NO. When uploading file and pasting text in the JSON editor, no data is sent via the server.